As stated on greatergood.berkeley.edu (http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/why_gratitude_is_good) gratitude is good for main reasons:
- Gratitude allows us to celebrate the present.
- Gratitude blocks toxic, negative emotions.
- Grateful people are more stress resistant.
- Grateful people have a higher sense of self-worth.
I have tried to keep a gratitude journal before, however it has not stuck as a habit. Hopefully I will be able to make daily/weekly gratitude posts on here. So, as a start, today here are 5 things I am currently grateful for:
- My loving and supportive boyfriend.
- The food and shelter that my parents provide me.
- The abundance of knowledge I am able to receive from books that I have, from well-researched Internet articles, studies, etc.
- My trusty laptop which I do pretty much all of my work on.
- My lack of a Christmas holiday (joke), I mean, the fact that I am actually getting a university education so I shouldn’t complain about the amount of work I have to do (totally doesn’t feel like Christmas)!
- Ok so since the last one was kind of sarcastic I’m adding a more sincere one to make up for it. My last one is being able to go to the cinema to see the new Star Wars film, I enjoyed it! 🙂